Thursday, July 24, 2008

Are you not much more valuable than they?

Dear Family and Friends,

Well, here it is, the following Wednesday and God still knows what is next. I'm so grateful for this simple truth.

Our baby bird has been a sheer delight. Being that we've had birds in the past I knew birds really had their own personalities (I didn't know this until we were looking into our first). I'd never thought about wild birds being the same way. This little Trooper LOVES to be with us, he gets very excited about eating, he does not like to be put to bed, and he thinks his swing is the greatest.

This morning I woke up to a very sad fourteen year old as she knew something was gravely wrong. Trooper was not ecstatic to see her and had no interest in food. We've nursed this little one all day and were able to get him into the vet this evening. Trying to get an appointment seemed like an act of Congress in of itself. The vet started him on an antibiotic and gave him a chance of 50/50. He was more cheerful tonight than he's been all day, we'll just have to wait and see.

When I googled birds in scripture it came up with 129 entries. Matthew 6:26 says "Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?".

We've had such a privilege of having another one of God's creations in our house this week and it has certainly reminded me of our creator. So until the morning, I'm just so grateful that God already knows.

Today I've seen how God cares for birds yet the question rings over and over in my mind, "Are you not much more valuable than they?".

Love in Christ,
Dinah for The Troops