Monday, November 16, 2009

Who flew you home?

Dear family and friends,

I need for this to be quick as sleep should be coming soon. I'm not quite over the jetlag, yet jetlag will be coming our way again next week.

After we spent three nights in California and realized the military's ride home would come very slowly I took my sweet sister up on her offer. Ken works for American Airlines, although he is on a military furlough. YEA KEN...I will forever be grateful for my brother in law getting us home. No complaints about our military travel, it was wonderful. With the move so close, it was time to get back to the island so we could prepare for what was ahead.

We quickly rearranged belongings, rental cars, and hotels and were on our way to Los angeles. It was a six hour drive and we didn't leave until five in the evening. The first hour I was really tired, but the rest flew. Nothing like a little drive across California in the dark.

After dinner Caroline announced we needed to go back through our trip, oldest to youngest, and talk about our favorite things. Two hours later we stopped and thanked the Lord for it all. To God be the glory!

It was such a wonderful opportunity, I can hardly believe we really did it. The best part of the trip for me was seeing God's plan unfold and just being alone with our children. I can clearly see that God just wanted me to be with these children without all the wonderful interruptions of life. What a gift...

I'm really having to trust Jesus with my time. Many things to be done and only so many hours in the day. School to be accomplished, people to spend time with, songs to prepare, list to made, phone calls to be made...I'll just stop there as I think you get the picture. A week full of life.

Selling the car and securing a flat are at the top of our list this week. Again, God knows and His plans are best. May we walk the process in a way that honors Him.

Love in Christ,
Dinah for The Troops