Saturday, February 13, 2010

Are you going to throw your own Burns night next year?

Nana kept Master Jefferson for a night of pizza and movies.


I'm thinking about adding a child who plays bag pipes into our family. It would add such variety to our music. This gentleman was playing outside the Scottish club and we could hear his music echoing across the square as we were walking to the party.



My feet automatically go into a two step as do my husbands. My father paid a lot of money for me to learn a good two step at Texas A&M and I know he'll be glad he's still getting his money's worth.


This is our friend General Diab! He did a great job. There were WAY more men than woman due to so many gentleman not bringing their families for the shorter school course they are having this year. This made our girls quite popular as you will see.

Now this is my idea of line dancing. Standing in a line, yet meeting those men in the middle for all kinds of twirls, gallivants and stomping. They did a fantastic job of teaching us the dance and then calling it out for us as we went.

These are our dear Irish friends, Tonia Armour and her son Patrick. Notice Melanee Kate going for a twirl in the background.

Wyatt also does a great job dancing. Here he's waiting his turn patiently as he's up next. You should have seen the beautiful Brazilian woman who he danced with. Had I not known she is a lovely young lady I would have had to intervene.


The Thomas Troops and the Armour's minus Jefferson and Erin. Already having families in our own home made this night so special for all of us!



I think anyone could enjoy dancing under this ceiling. I would love a ceiling like this in my living room...my sweet Edward would have to dance with me every night.
Dear family and friends,
Why yes we are! A Robert Burns party will be thrown next February wherever we live and you are all certainly invited. Poetry will be read, accents will be a flyin', men and women will be dancin', and maybe we will even serve up some mighty Scottish Haggis.
The moment we find out where will be moving locating a great man who can blow the bag pipes will be a priority. Well, maybe not. I've never heard Amazing Grace played so majestically. It made me worship.
Love in Christ,
Dinah for The Troops