Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Isn't that how God views us?

Dear family and friends,

When I came in from having lunch with my man, this is what I found.


A little discouraging as now they are 14, 13, 11, and 6 and I just wish they would clean up a little more without being asked. I will admit, they go through cycles. Valleys and mountaintops...recently I came home from the commisary with a beautiful and tidy living room, dining room, and kitchen. This particular day it was an all inclusive package that included lit candles, beautiful music, and a set table.

God was so good as he quickly had me zoom in on the site to find this part of the mess.

I had asked Melanee Kate to take Wyatt his lunch as he was doing school in his room and practicing staying there while Mother was gone. She'd been very sweet about it and said she would. I was delighted to see that she didn't just do it somehow because her mother made her, but she did it 100%. She served her brother lunch with beauty, grace, and style. It just made my day!!

Isn't that how God views us? He doesn't just see the mess, but He sees hearts. He looks further than the world, as He sees all. God does not miss the moments we serve with beauty, grace, and style. He sees past the clutter and desires to come along side us and help us organize, throw away, wipe up and bring back order that will produce delectable things in our lives.

Thank you Lord for seeing beautiful things in this family. Teach me to look past the mess and straight into the hearts our of children...

Love in Christ,
Dinah for The Troops

P.S.-When Wyatt came down at the end of my writing this I asked him to help me straighten up the kitchen. I said, "Wyatt, wasn't it wonderful the way your sister served you today?" He answered with a snide tone, "No Mom, she didn't serve me, she brought me this amazing lunch and then announced that she was CHARGING me. She wanted me to pay $1 for a Boca Burger!" BUT they really did lite the candles the other night...