Saturday, October 18, 2008

Why can the obviously important things be so hard to embrace?

Dear family and friends,

What a week...boy the heat has been on. I'm not speaking of Hawaii but of life. Lot's of extras, the unplanned moments of life that you have no idea are right around the corner. Not the tragic, just the things that add up.

In the last ten day I've had to run children across the island twice for unexpected orthodontics needs, three got to get them to the doctor visits, and two ER runs in one day. In my spare time, or course. God has really reminded me this week that although these were unexpected to me, they were not to him. So I'm choosing to not focus on all things that have not been accomplished such as bathrooms, vacuuming, even science test. I'm choosing to focus on what God had in store, the more important things such as loving my children, caring for needs, trusting Him, and cleaning our air conditioners that we discovered were full of mold. Why can the obviously important things be so hard to embrace?

We are really grateful for all that Jesus has provided this past week.

So the pictures of the week include:

The best use I've ever seen of those coupons that come in the mail. Jefferson very carefully spent time organizing these for me while I was at the ER with his oldest sister. Didn't he do a great job? He told me that he had Wyatt look through them and pull out any that were "disappropriate".



This moment so reminded me of my own big brother and the moment he realized that he was wearing his house shoes in the Atlanta airport. At the ER I looked down, already feeling like a tired old lady, to discover that I had on a black flip flop and a brown flip flop. It was a moment of comic relief provided by God. When I came home I decided that I would take a picture with my pineapple plant that I'm growing to kill two birds with one stone. Isn't it beautiful!!



So off I go to bed. Everything will wait until tomorrow, it will all still be there. I'm grateful that my children feel loved, and Wyatt's going to clean my bathrooms in the morning.

Love in Christ,
Dinah for The Troops

P.S.-Caroline has viral meningitis but is starting to feel much better. The morning after we stayed at the ER till dawn thirty, Caroline was still sleeping off her narcotics and Wyatt and I were curled up in bed with the computer attending his online writing class. Melanee Kate and Jefferson had permission to ride their bikes to the BX and buy a card and flowers with the children's money for their big sister. Melanee Kate took it upon herself to go ahead and get her baby brother a haircut while they were there.