Saturday, March 14, 2009

What do we "get used to"?



Dear family and friends,

When you are in Hawaii for a long time you can actually "get used to" the beauty. Just as we get numb to things that are evil and demoralizing, we can become desensitized to things that are beautiful and amazing.




These are no lie, pictures from my yard. I love flowers...I love how they beg your eyes to dance amongst their beauty. I love how they pour forth fragrance that we can't even imagine. I love how they make you feel inside when they are given to you. I often plant them no matter where we may live, but keeping them alive is another whole issue. Up until now when I plant yard flowers I have to give them time. I need to remember them, or they will simply die. Not here...well with the exception of one pot in the front of Gerber daisies that were given to me. The flowers in my Hawaiian back yard just exist, flourish and blossom all under the direct care of our heavenly Father.

a>



I never want to become complacent to the lovely things that God has surrounded me with. Whether bright cherry flowers, mountain tops scenes, or the laugh of our children. I do not want to "get used to" things created by God. I want to enjoy the creation and even more so, the creator. When I am walking with God and faithful in His Word I am so much more apt to relish the things around me...

I'm grateful that I am being cared for directly by the same care taker of the flowers in our little paradise.




Love in Christ,
Dinah for The Troops