Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Are you preparing for the New Year?



Dear family and friends,

I will certainly be sharing about our latest adventure in the next few days. Caroline did a great job in her blog so you can certainly get a heads up there with her Twelve Days of Christmas. All of The Thomas Troops will be blogging while we are in London as a fun school project. Even Jefferson is excited. Caroline will be a little busy getting us all going. It's fun to watch her create.

This week we are in a temporary flat in Marlylebone. The week will be filled with work and pleasure as we finish up getting ready for our move next week and other transition items like orthodontist. In a couple of minutes we're running to what we hope to be a larger grocery store...I'll keep you posted. This afternoon we are going to head to the National Museum for our first traveling opportunity in London. I saw a man,s comments somewhere that he likes to be a traveller rather than a tourist so I'm opting for this title for our family over the next seven months.

Yesterday was my 39th birthday. I've decided to celebrate it all year long this year. I think the "9th" year of any decade should be special all the way around don't you? There is so much to be thankful to the Lord for! I spent the day doing laundry British style. I have a washer/dryer combo here so I'm not really using the dryer as I don't have time. I literally ran the washer for 15 hours yesterday without a break. The whites take 151 minutes so they are the last ones I put in before we head out anywhere or go to bed. The radiators dry pants quite splendidly. We're up and going again today and hopefully by tomorrow night I will finish up from the trip laundry. In our new apartment I will have an actual washer and vented dryer which is not the norm. On the other hand, I won't have radiators.




It was a good day taking care of our sweet family. They did take me to dinner and Ed and I were alone for 20 minutes running to Tesco Express to buy fruit and milk while the children headed back to the flat. Melanee Kate made me the sweetest card ever and Wyatt ran out to grab me a birthday Coke from McDonalds which is right down the street.

Since we are going to be here for only seven more months AND it's the New Year, I'm praying for goals for our time here. I want to be intentional and God lead in what we do, who we spend time with, how we grow in His Word, and how we treat each other. It's going to be a GREAT year...

I hope each and everyone of you have had a worshipful Christmas! I will be sharing our trip in pictures in the next day or so with full commentary. Love to all...

In Christ Alone,
Dinah