Thursday, March 18, 2010

Are friends like children?



Dear family and friends,

I would love to blog daily, wouldn't that be fun! My blog runs twofold; to share what is going on with friends and family and to have a great record for our own family someday.

Since I've last blogged...let me get my calendar. We've had two different sets of company for dinner, the children went away for a weekend on a retreat with All Soul's Langham place, we've been out to dinner with two other families, spent six days in Paris, had lunch at another friends house, celebrated our oldest daughter's 16th birthday, visited the Duke of Wellington's house, and spent the evening on St. Patrick's day with my very favorite Irish woman. Okay, she is the only Irish woman I know, but I have no doubt that if I knew thousands of Irish women, she'd still be my favorite.

Yesterday I had such a delightful surprise in the late afternoon. Have you ever had a friend that you haven't physically met? It's a little crazy having a friend that you've never even seen their face. It's a special thing, I think, as you have a different opportunity to see their heart.

My new friend is the wife of one of the gentleman that we're having the honor of getting to know at Ed's school here in London. I have great respect for this woman for many reasons. One of which is the sacrifice their family is making for the future of their country. They remind us of a modern day John and Abigail Adam's; putting aside their own needs and desires for something much bigger than themselves.

So yesterday a husband was sent, with great love, to share something with a new friend.





He was so charming saying, "First I must attend to my responsibilities." He represented her so very well.

Aren't they delicately beautiful. I hope you can someday see them in person in my home as pictures don't do them justice. She bought them in Iran five or six years ago, and she choose me. She gave them to me!

Farzana, thank you for blessing me in this special way. I can hardly wait to put my arms around your neck in the near future. Until then, I think of you everyday and have such amazing reminders in my living room. Don't you think that friends are like children? Your heart always has room for more. God created our hearts to love and I'm so grateful.

Love in Christ,
Dinah


Off to take a quick nap as Jefferson and I have a date tonight to see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang on stage. Tomorrow night we're having a 16th birthday party for Caroline and Saturday night I'm making Mexican food for the kind family from Saudi Arabia. Their children like to go to Chili's in Saudi so my Tex Mex will have to suffice for all of us until we return to our respective countries. Paris pictures will have to wait until Sunday.