Thursday, March 4, 2010

What does this day entail?

Dear family and friends,

I feel in many ways that I've slayed a giant!

We have been in the throws of trip planning which takes an enormous amount of time. A great opportunity to trust God. You would think we have an army rather than four children. Making reservations for four is an enourmous struggle while remaining in our budget. God has been very gracious.

I now have train tickets/secured apartment for Paris next week. A motorcoach reserved for Ed's two weeks off in April so we can drive to our hearts content in Great Britain and see all the history we want. I promise you a picture of our children on Hadrian's wall!

New friends are including the children and I in a trip to Morocco in June and all I have to do for that one is write a check and show up with bags that aren't overweight and with children that are cheerful. I have a fantastic luggage scale thanks to mother and a faithful Saviour who's doing exciting things in all of our lives. So hopefully the second will also be possible! Stress always reveals the sin in our hearts and traveling always has a certain amount of stress until we really get rolling.

So today...cooking, running to Sainsbury (my local grocery), math, Bible time (next), conferencing papers for our books (middle children), inviting Italian boy over to play with Jefferson on Saturday, parenting, preparing for our guest who's coming for dinner, and I need to get make my bed and get dressed. Pray I can honor God every step today. I want to honor Him in the enourmous, the miniscule, and all the life inbetween!

Love in Christ,
Dinah for The Troops

New computer on the way. Our old one overheated last week so I'm limited on sharing pictures until it shows up. My sweet man ordered me a RED one! I'm not sure that should be as exciting as it is...a RED one...