Wednesday, May 26, 2010

What kind of glamorous evening?

Dear family and friends,

I should so be in bed and hate to give proof that I am not. My precious parents left this morning after a fantastic visit. Sweet Daddy has such a hard time with jet lag and was quite the trooper. Mother was, well, Mother...a constant example and delight to my heart.

So we are getting up in about four hours for a little adventure. We are heading to Ireland! My great grandfather was six weeks old when his parents brought him to America. I know very little about this part of my history but I'm so excited none the less.

The children and I are running over to the Cliffs of Mohers tomorrow morning and staying for the night on the west coast. Ed joins us in Dublin Friday night. The Armours are some our new, and dear friends who are then taking us up to the North coast to where they grew up for a long weekend. I just thought weekend in an Irish accent as I typed it and I'm laughing at myself.

I wonder what all God has for the next few days? I know His purpose is greater than us checking off another box. I know it's about Him...I can hardly wait.

So off to bed I go!
Love in Christ,
Dinah for The Troops

I was going to post a few quick pictures of my parents visit only to realize my camera is already deeply packed in Wyatt's bag. Melanee Kate did let me borrow hers on Monday night so I'll
just share a few of these. Please ignore that I'm in every picture, it just turned out that way.

Monday evening Mother and Daddy went to see Wicked, the older two children saw the queen while waiting for a bus, and Ed and I had an evening out at The Tower of London. Please know most Monday evenings at our house are not usually that glamorous.



It all started at Texas A&M University. Did you know I love military ceremonies? I love the sights, the sounds, the crispness in the air. This was the first military ceremony that I've ever been to that the soldiers weren't American. It was as wonderful as ever...


A British wife grabbed my hand and whisked me over to this lovely lady talking about having my picture with a lady. It took me a few seconds to realize what she meant, "a REAL lady," she chatted. So there I was. The best part, which is a long story that I will not share at the moment, is I knew that this real lady loves Jesus. I was able to whisper about Him quickly as she smiled and nodded.


Okay, I think there should be a revolt. I know not every American woman who serves her country would enjoy a dress like this, but I certainly think there should be an option. This is Anita's UNIFORM. At a certain point in the evening you are able to take it off and now have your ball gown for the rest of the night.

Off to bed...goodnight!