Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Have you been wondering?

,

Dear family and friends,

Just in case you've been wondering...yesterday I was up early after a failed attempt at trying to go to bed early. I was in bed at 8:30 p.m. and so happy to be there but my husband, children, and the United States Air Force didn't seem for my sleep to the be their number one top priority. I finally drifted off at 11:00 pm.

At 6:45 a.m. my mind cajoled up the fact that I still had meatballs in the oven, from Saturday. Someone had turned off the oven but the result were hard carbon rocks. The boys could have done some serious damage with a sling shot.


I dealt with two fussy children over hot water by 7:45 a.m.

I crawled in bed and read to a darling snugly eight year old until 10:30 a.m.

I had everyone listening to a New Years sermon by 12:30 p.m. Great questions to be had. The gentleman was discussing running the race. What has characterized my running this past year? What are the weights in my life that keep me from running? What needs to grow dimmer in my life? What is my running plan for this next year? We've been discussing this past year and this upcoming year at great length since January 1st. I'm still reflecting and excited about both.

At 1:30 p.m.I rounded up the Troops for a photo sessions for Caroline's class. Although forced at first, it quickly turned into a sweet moment.

By 2:45 p.m. I'm running into the house to answer a ringing phone. I'd gone to Office Max to run off my New Years letter only to realized I'd done it incorrectly and had to come home to fix it. I was talking to my Aunt Sue when I glanced up to see that the oven was on. I started laughing so hard. STRIKE TWO...I'd left these meatballs in for two and half hours, I may be loosing my mind.

At 5:30 p.m. I declared we were not going to Bible study. I was so tired and know what the rest of my week entails so I'm trying to pace myself.

At 7:00 p.m.the children and I sat down for homemade rolls and the lentil soup I finally decided to make. I'd made a pot for them to take up to the ski hill on Saturday and some people had made fun of what it looked like, although the children promised everyone loved the flavor. Note to self children, if you want Mother to make dinner even though she's burned meatballs twice in two days, don't mention making fun of her soup. Wyatt was in a panic at 1:15 p.m. that I'd announced I was not making dinner. God moved my heart at some point and somehow I managed it to the table. I'm glad I did as it was yummy.
At 7:45 p.m. my sweet man came home. I'm so grateful that this is not normal here in Alaska as it was quite normal three years ago in Virginia. I can't believe it's almost been three years since I sat in our Honda waiting for the deployment boom to be lowered only to hear, "What would you think about moving to Hawaii!"

At 9:00 p.m. I was tucked in bed ready for some much needed sleep.

At 2:00 am I woke up as my mind is rolling...my list is long this week. I daily ask the Lord what He wants me to accomplish as I can't begin to do all that needs to be done. The great news is I'm only responsible for what He has for each and every day...not one bit more.

I'm going to finish getting everything in my mind onto paper so I can go back to sleep. I just thought you might be wondering what we've been up to.

Love in Christ,

Dinah for The Troops