Sunday, May 24, 2009

Will Tuesday ever get here?

Dear family and friends,

We have just a few minutes before we head out for Caroline's piano recital. It's been a good Lord's day.

I just have to quickly say MY PARENTS ARE COMING, MY PARENTS ARE COMING, MY PARENTS ARE COMING!! Until this point I've never gone longer than eight months without seeing my mother since she gave birth to me. I've gone a little longer without seeing my Dad. I haven't put my arms around either one since I stood at the curbside at the Denver airport on March 12, 2008. My last memory is throwing our ski coats in their ever welcoming arms as we were heading to Hawaii.

God is good and contentment comes from Him, for which I am so grateful. It's been okay as it's been clear this has been has been God's timing, and His timing is best.

Now that it's almost here...I CAN HARDLY STAND IT!

Lord, help me be content, in the big and little things. I want to honor you...

Love in Christ,
Dinah for The Troops