Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Why do you go to Starbucks?

Dear family and friends,

Just a quick update...we did move in on Monday although only half of our belongings that are coming are here. Little disappointing, but by HIS grace, we handled it well. Always a great reminder that they are just things!

Yesterday Ed and I celebrated our 19th anniversary. About eleven he announced that he was taking Mommy out on a date and the unpacking would wait. It did, and we had a marvelous time. We ended up at a little place called Bumbles. You can literally see the wall to the Buckingham palace gardens from their front door. Hard to believe this is where we live. We also ran a few errands trying to get a little of the never ending accomplished: light bulbs, new pin for Ed's watch band, milk, ect.

The children and I have also been back on top of finishing us Les Miserables. I'd forgotten how much we love it, how could I forget so quickly? Yesterday Marius proclaimed his love, today he lost her again. Poor Marius, it's really some hard going these days.

Ed left for Germany this morning at 3:30 A.M....BLAH! He had a great attitude and I missed Linda Whitlow DEARLY as she took such great care of him in Hawaii.

My treat of the morning was meeting with Kari Ray! What a bright "Ray" of sunshine she is. So much fun to have a sweet friend already. It was good to be in His Word with a friend just sharing where God has had me this last week. Can I just say I love Matthew 13?

I'm sitting here at Starbucks as we don't have Internet until next week. So grateful that Starbucks is willing to serve me on so many levels. I need to send off one more email and run upstairs for taco's. Melanee Kate was fixing them for me. Daddy proclaimed the children do all the normal housework while he's gone so I can get everything else accomplished. The taco shells at our local grocery are $5.00. So grateful to the Lord that I brought my own!

Love to all...In Christ Alone,
Dinah for The Troops