Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Does God ever have to remind you?

Our living room in our current house right as we moved in...curtains weren't even completely up!

Dear family and friends,

God has been doing so many things in my heart this past year, yet He still has to remind me. I so wish that He didn't.

One of the places that God has brought me to this past year is "whatever God". Not "whatever" like a teenage girl with an attitude, but a "whatever" that trusts and loves God and knows that He is utterly Sovereign. A "whatever" that is learning to want His best despite lacking immediate understanding. A "whatever" that wants God to glorify Himself in whatever way He deems right.

Yet, I know I'm not really there, just growing. On Christmas eve we heard that our block will be renovated next fall and we'll all have to move. I have to tell you that I was very overwhelmed and saddened. We move a lot, which in general I love. We've only been in this house for 6 months and the thought of it made my mind reel with thoughts of frustration.

I was talking to a dear friend from Italy about two hours later and when I was sharing the whole "whatever" thing and I was horribly convicted. It connects another thread that God has been teaching me the past few years...is He Sovereign or is He not...is He faithful or is He not...is He trustworthy or is He not? I say He is...so "whatever" God.

You know best, You are in control, You are faithful and You are trustworthy. Moves are really a little deal in life and I am willing.

Love in Christ,
Dinah for The Troops

P.S.-Anyone looking for a exciting summer Hawaiian vacation next year can contact the Hickam Community Housing and coordinate your dates with our impending move. We will provide food, entertainment, exercise, and an opportunity for you to serve our family and our country all in one fail swoop!