Sunday, December 21, 2008

What's a turjagin?

Dear family and friends,

When our litter was little I realized that three weeks was NOT long enough to teach them all of the Christmas songs that we loved. So in February I pulled out my favorite children's Christmas tape and we started humming along. In May Ed began to protest so we only listened to it when Daddy wasn't in the car, no matter how much the children begged.

August that year we put it up and then in December WALAH! These precious children could sing verse after verse after verse.

Then there's the fourth baby. He missed the year of Christmas song training and I didn't realize how much he was behind the curve until the other day I heard, "Round you tur-ja-gin, mother and child."

Oh you just try so hard to not laugh in their little faces... I just let turjagin stand as I really didn't want to do that explaining to our six year old...

Off to have advent, watch movies, and eat yummies with our sweet children and my man! I hope everyone is enjoying the season. My solid theory, "Come Thursday, no matter what gets done, we're celebrating Jesus!"

Love in Christ,
Dinah for The Troops