Monday, December 1, 2008

Did you hear angels?

Dear family and friends,

On Sunday we were sitting in church and I happened to be down at the end on the other side of Ed with most of our little ones on his side. We were singing praises to God and I was really enjoying worshipping with other believers. One thing that I've really enjoyed about worshipping in church in Hawaii is our church always has the windows open. Lately there's been a lovely breeze that can almost bring a slight chill. It's an amazing thing to have all your senses being touched by the hand of God. Hearing his people, seeing His creation, feeling His breeze, smelling His flowers. Well, minus the taste...but I can just think about Mexican food or Whataburgers and we'll consider that square checked.

We are singing "All in All" and all of the sudden I hear the most beautiful sounds amidst our singing. I quickly look around and realize it's our three other children singing the alternate part. They were not making a huge scene, just sweetly singing to Jesus, walking against the current with paitence and joy. It immediately ministered to my heart as this is exactly what we are raising them to do in life. Oh Lord, please give them the strength, courage, and grace to always sing for you, no matter how strong obstacles may be.

I know recently I said that their singing was almost as beautiful as the heartbeats I heard so many years ago. This was definitely more beautiful. Kate and I quickly joined in...it was truly an honor to sing His praises.

Love in Christ,
Dinah for The Troops