Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Why do I prefer the quiet moments?

Dear family and friends,

God is so good to give us delightful moments amidst the chaos of life. For whatever reason, we do often seem to have lots of organized chaos around this house. Just dealing with the sin of six people is enough to create chaos.

After the storm comes the calm...I love these moments! The moments of refreshment, peace, joy, and every once in a small while...quiet.

Jefferson's drawing for Melanee Kate's precious violin teacher (with Kate's help). We're always talking about what the other person likes when we give gifts. Dr. Routman loves pigs. I think these children may have cornered the market as I've never seen a pig playing the violin for baby Jesus. Our children drawing brings me great joy...

A moment of quiet, captured! The children's Nana and Chief gave them a hammock for Christmas. It's in our front yard under a huge Plumeria tree. It was a great afternoon...what's a little rain...


Our children playing and building things brings refreshment...to creative minds, relationships, and to a mother's soul who rejoices at all the hours that God has provided over the years for these children to PLAY, PLAY, PLAY! Yesterday the boys decided to wait for Kate to come home to finish as "It's just not fun without Kate."


Growth...we have lots of that going on around here... God ordained, moving us forward! I realized a few weeks ago that our first litter all have the same size of feet as their mother. This is only a short moment in time and no matter how crazy they thought I was, it had to be captured on film.


Boys heading out fishing after a diligent day of school...now that's a delightful moment. Jefferson would follow Wyatt anywhere. Which brings us to diligently training Wyatt in where he would go...usually in the chaotic department, but more than worth the while.


Teaching moments, that take time and patience...caring more for others than yourself. When I see these moments in our home they inspire me. They give me the courage to continue what I do everyday, knowing that although it sometimes seems WAY TO SLOW, what I'm teaching is sinking in. I've got to be on God's timetable, not my own.


This is the home team with our welcome home sign...a week later after much wind and rain. "Yes, you do have to let me photograph you with it before you throw it away!" I was raised on signs, I love them, as do our children. What a great thing to come home to sign made just for you!


Then there are many moments just like this...what you don't see is how someone was ugly because someone else jumped in their spot. You also don't see one child being ugly to the child who is demanding that the picture be taken again because so and so didn't do it right. Oh, and don't forget how someone got hurt in the end! These are the teaching moments that I need to more readily embrace...why do I prefer the quiet moments, when the other moments are really the opportunity to produce fruit in our children!

Off to the races...

Love in Christ,

Dinah for The Troops