Monday, April 13, 2009

Do you wanna learn something about my man?

Dear family and friends,

I was so excited. I love our Easter cross. We've had it since Alabama. Our church there passed them out and we've enjoyed taking our AL tradition with us all over.

You have three sashes...purple for the week before Good Friday, black for Good Friday, and White for Easter...He is risen indeed.

I love tradition. We have several for Easter, the cross being one of them.

I started thinking last week and was so excited as I was going to put the black one up on my post on Friday and then the white one on Easter Sunday. I'd even thought it through, I was going to put the plumeria flowers all around the ground Easter afternoon and take a picture to share.

So here's the part about my man...he's FAST! You never know what he's going to do next, and mind you, he will do it quickly.

I headed out with my camera after my little Easter nap to find my cross gone. We came home from the beach, which is an Easter tradition I'm sad we will not be able to continue, and laid down for just a minute. We'd been up since dawn thirty for sun rise service so I was more tired than normal.

Ed is so wonderful about helping me when he's home. He quickly unloaded the car with the boys (not as fast as their father, but we're working on it). Threw things to the laundry, got everything in the kitchen to be unpacked, and snuggled up with me on our bed. Here's the problem...he got up first...did I mention he's fast?

I'd say I'd show you next Easter...but we'll have no yard. Oh, I'll have to stick it in a planter in our 3 bedroom flat. I may have to make a rule...you can't take down my cross until the day after Easter, I just might want to take a picture of it. The biggest question...can I remember to tell Ed before he takes it down next year?

What a love he is...fast and all!!! You should see how fast he takes down the Christmas tree...I've never been sad about that.

Love in Christ,
Dinah for The Troops