Tuesday, April 7, 2009

What's a break anyway?

Dear family and friends,

When we ended up on a last minute trip to New Zealand I announced to the children that the trip would be our spring break. When we got home they jumped in and pumped as they weren't interested in missing our appointed "break".

Today we spent the day at the beach and Friday we're going to spend the day at the pool with Daddy. The other three days are "catch up" here and there for them and "work hard and as fast as I can" for me doing all the things that don't always get done.

New Zealand...I guess that's where I left off. It was amazing, surreal, and delightful. The country side, the freshness, and particularly the company. I do wish we could figure out how to leave sin home when we go on vacation. Since that won't be possible until the other side of heaven, we just take along a great heap of grace and forgiveness. I do have pictures on my facebook page for anyone who would like to see them.

Now I'm back to planning for London, enjoying Hawaii, being in God's Word, and raising these sweet children with my dear husband.

God's doing many things in my heart these days...

Oh, oh, oh...and I get to see my parents at the end of May!!! This is the longest I've ever gone without seeing them. It's been okay as it was just God's plan this go around, but now that I know they are coming...I CAN HARDLY WAIT!!!!

Love to all!
In Him,
Dinah for The Troops

P.S.-I am taking a break from cooking this week. All four children are assigned a night!