Tuesday, April 28, 2009

You rode what where?

Dear family and friends,

I have never ridden a bicycle to the doctor, until today. Ed and I are sharing a car until we move to London or God shows us otherwise. Many times in the past three years I have been grateful for wheels. Today I was grateful for two rather than four.

While we were in D.C. we had many discussions as children would wonder out loud why that crowd was standing together on the side of the street. Now riding the bus in D.C. is a very normal event for communters, it's also a normal event for those who depend on it for their main source of transportation. I would always tell them, having a car is a luxury loves. We are no better, no different, God just provides in different ways.

God always provides, often, just not the way we've we thought He would, should, or could. Today he provided a bike for sick woman who just needed a different antibiotic...another luxury I'm so grateful to have.

Love in Christ,
Dinah for The Troops

P.S.-On Wednesday the girls and I will be taking our first bike ride to the eye doctor!