Tuesday, October 27, 2009

What took you by surprise?

Please notice after you see the silly boy and darling girl, that they don't just have Chili's in Kadena, but a Chili's too!


Wyatt working hard on Math...


Heading out for our outing to find and discover the 100 yen store (like a dollar store).


Of all the wonderful yummies this grocery/bakery had to offer, the boy choose a spaghetti sandwich, cold. He LOVED it! Caroline has decided we ought to try to make them, although ours will be hot.

Look close, the red chili is tied down for typhoon season...we thought that was pretty funny and smart.


My favorite picture thus far...is God good or what!


Toodlesan enjoying leftover french fries with chopsticks for our Les Miserables break.



Toodlesan intensely soaking up and mulling over Les Miserables...we agreed to let him sleep since we were reading about the revolution.



Dear family and friends,

Well I have to say that Kadena took us by surprise! We just no idea how much we would love this Air Force Base. I have children who would just be happy to stay. We haven't gotten out to Yakota yet, so as of this minute they are getting their wish.

Nine to ten flights have been cancelled to Yakota this week and not that we haven't had down moments, but mainly we are just enjoying ourselves. I did not think about an International Driver's Licence, mainly because I didn't need one in New Zealand. I'd checked it out before I went last spring and it just dropped off of my scope for this trip. Caroline's announced that she thinks God just wanted us to have a week of rest, to be still, I think she's right.

We've done some school, piddled around base, and enjoyed the little things. Our children continue after over fifteen years to teach me how to enjoy the little things. The hand dryers are very cool, and the toilets are different. Wyatt is still looking for the singing pottie Caroline and experienced last January in Tokyo. We've done a little shopping on and off base and had a tremendous amount of exercise.

Today my sweet friend took us to a mall like store and we were able to go to the grocery store for lunch. So many choices of new and fun things. Jefferson and I had a long piece of sushi that was not cut up in the little pieces. He's my sushi boy! The bakery was amazing and everyone found a treat they enjoyed.

The little things are in abundance and I'm really enjoying a week of no interruptions, television, tennis, music lessons, and the busyness of life.

We're about to spend the next hour plus reading Les Miserable...we're on page six hundred and fourteen...

Love in Christ,
Dinah for The Troops