Saturday, October 31, 2009

What did you see?

These children can pump...you should have seen them gathering and then treking to our hotel tonight. This was a moment I was so grateful we'd all been running for the past three months.

The children just crack me up at what they think is funny...they thought the little red naked man hanging on a fish was hilarious.


Dear family and friends,

I wish you could see me fumbling across the top of my dashboard in Japanese. I have to click on all of them until it looks familiar.

We are now in Yokota, Japan! YEA GOD...I can hardly believe it. We did have a great week in Kadena and after ten cancelled flights we were so excited to be moving forward.

Yesterday when the flights were cancelled I could not have been more pleased with our children. Please don't get me wrong. I never want to paint our family for anything but who we are, six people who love and need Jesus. We struggle to be kind, and to respond like Christ does on a daily basis. Yesterday though, I could see such maturity in our children. They could not have handled the disappointment any better! Okay, well, one could have for a minute, but in general they were so gracious and grateful. Accepting of God's good plan...

We had a GREAT day too...we did a little more shopping, ate at Chili's AGAIN, rented two movies, read Les Miserables (we are on page 752...WAHOO). It was just a wonderful day. We agreed that no school would be done and that Melanee Kate could decide if we would exercise. We all knew what she would say. A day being together with no interruptions on a little island in the Pacific.

Today was filled with maybe's and waiting...the bottom line being that God got us to Yokota. We found out that we could also fly into Atsugi and then take the train for two hours to Yokota. We ended up being on the freedom bird that flies straight into Yokota, but I love our children's sweet spirit of adventure and willingness to do whatever Mother seems excited about.

I cannot begin to describe what I saw tonight...with the tip on His pinky He created Mt Fuji. Jefferson was crying out for me to look out the window and there she was, RIGHT out my window. She was majestic and bold, dimly lit by the shadows of the sunset. The whole trip has been worth it for just that moment. I will never forget it. How great is our God...

Tomorrow we are going to get our ducks in a row and then the plan is to head into Tokyo on Monday morning. Thinking and praying through all of our options. The military hotel is booked but I think I've found an option that will be reasonable and quite the cultural experience. I won't know if it's a go until tomorrow. I also have to find a place to keep our bags here in Yokota as I'm NOT dragging all of these bags including our school into Tokyo.

Tonight we rented a movie and ordered pizza in. It was very relaxing after a long day of traveling. Our sweet friends Karl and Stella Kent are moving here in March, we are SO EXCITED for them.

Love to all...
In Christ Alone,
Dinah for The Troops