Thursday, January 22, 2009

Now how do I begin to share all that God has done?


Dear family and friends,

Well I suppose I should tell you about the first bump in the trip.

The night before we left, after dinner was all cleaned up Ed took me aside and told me that everything was going to be fine and that he had no doubt that God was sovereign. I braced myself to a start like that. He said that something had come up and he was most likely going to have to leave the island. God was so good as I did not panic, but immediately started praying for wisdom. Within 10 minutes we'd made a game plan and a phone call to our dear friend Nikki Routman. So I began the trip with resting in God's bigger plan as this uncertainty was not what I would have chosen.

It was possibly only going to be for one day, but could have been for four.

So off we went, trusting God with the children, which was my biggest struggle about leaving in the first place.

We left on Friday and I wasn't able to check email until Tuesday morning. On Friday after we left Ed found out that he was slated to leave on the next Tuesday which meant there would be a whole week that the children needed care. When I read the email on Tuesday Grammy had already flown in. I just sat at the computer and cried. So grateful for the provision that God had provided. A grandmother to love and care for our children no matter whether Ed left or not.

Our team was so precious to pray for us as we walked through this uncertainty. Of course God was never uncertain, for which I was grateful! I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate our friends and families prayers during these past few weeks. Please know they have been heard and honored!!! Thank you from the depths of my heart...

Now how do I begin to share all that God has done? A little at a time is the only way I know how. We've been home less than two days and I already have Thomas blog material. There is a strange dog sleeping downstairs tonight, I could start with that...

We are so blessed...

Love in Christ,
Dinah for The Troops

P.S.-We see Caroline slowly improving. Grammy flies out tomorrow morning and my man flies out for a week tomorrow night. He never left, but had a wonderful time with his mother. We're half way unpacked, things are crazy, my refrigerator is full, and our children have all been loved. God is good...