Tuesday, January 13, 2009

How many two year olds are you going to have?

Mrs. Thomas with Anna, Sarah, and Charity...

The girls taught me the sleeping bears game...best toddler game EVER!!!

Dear family and friends,

HOWDY all the way from Thailand! I still can't believe that we are here, but we are. We had a great trip that went smoothly. We did sit on the runway for an hour and we didn't know if that was going to cause problems with meeting up with our group. They also had delays and we didn't leave the airport until 2:30 in the morning. It was such a fantastic moment to see our team rolling their carts out. Many familiar faces and putting names that I've seen for weeks to new faces. It was a sweet moment of joining people that I love. We were asleep by 4:00 and got up by 7:00.

The first day we spent some time with a missionary that lives in Bangkok and then travelled on to Chiang Mai.

The second days was spent shopping, enjoying the view, and having wonderful Thai food. More importantly all the while, getting used to our new time zone.

Today we did have some children to take care of for a preconference while we continued to prepare for the three day conference that starts tomorrow. This morning after discussing Moses and Aaron and how Moses held his hands up so the battle could continue to succeed, Jeff Gilbert had the young men and young ladies put their hands up high. He left them like this for quite some time, I wish I had timed it. I have no doubt there are going to be some sore arms tomorrow. It was a great opportunity to discuss obedience and resolve. We are definitely going to have to hold up our hands the next three days- Pushing when it's hard, accepting the support God gives us, and choosing to not stop. Obedience brings blessing...

We were also given job assignments. I am the team leader for 15 two year olds. Our rooms are not bad, but not optimal either. Ashley Rose and Amy are my helpers and they are already blessing me. It's really neat, I admit I had a moment this morning when we were pulling out some old toys in a darker room than I'm used to that I was overwhelmed for a moment. Thank Jesus for helping me quickly turning my eyes to you, how much more effective life is when I do.

The girls and I had a meeting this afternoon where we were able to make a game plan and pray together. I am pumped and looking very forward to wearing these little guys out. Our goals are to love them to pieces and keep them busy. I feel so blessed to be serving these sweet mama's so they can be refreshed, encouraged, and enjoy adult fellowship.

I need to go change for the evening. I hope to post again tomorrow. After Friday you most likely won't hear from me until I get home.

Please continue to pray and know that God the Father is listening intently. I feel His presence vividly and am so privileged to be serving His faith workers.

Love in Christ,
Dinah for The Troops

P.S.-Our bump continued, my sweet husband has been on a roller coaster. It's now resolved and I'll tell you about it once I can. Thank you so much for praying specifically!!!